Travel and Places
Travel Tips margin:0px !important;” /> Whenever I drive to the airport or the train station to begin my next trip, I always have that panicky feeling because I think I forgot something. I mentally go through all the things I packed but I can never quite calm myself down. I am not the most organized person when I pack and on top of that, I always pack 2 hours before I leave. Luckily, I have never forgotten something as important as my passport or wallet. But I usually did forget one or the other thing which I had to purchase at my travel destination. So I decided to write my own packing list in order to be more organized when I pack my suitcase and now I am sharing it with you. If you are one of those forgetful people as well, take a look at this packing list. I am sure by using this list, you can finally enjoy the ride to be airport!
Money and Keys
1. Your wallet (Check if you have all the credit cards you need and an appropriate amount of cash.
2. Some extra money that you put in another place than your wallet.
3. Your keys (Give another set of keys to the neighbor or a friend in case of an emergency or simply so they can water your flowers)
4. Car keys
Documents and Information
5. Your passport (Check a couple of weeks before if it’s still valid. If not, get it renewed!)
6. Your visa, where required
7. Your drivers license ( maybe an international one depending on your length of stay)
8. A list of phone numbers in case something happens to your cell phone (Let’s face it. Since the age of cell phones, no one even knows their mothers phone number anymore! I feel guilty…)
9. Addresses for postcards
10. Travel guides for the places you are visiting. They will cost double or triple at the airport.
11. A dictionary
12. A book with important phrases and words in the language of the country you are traveling to, provided its not your native language
13. Important passwords which you hide well (you might have to access your online banking in an emergency for instance)
14. Health insurance card
15. Travel insurance documents
16. Any booking confirmations you need for courses or classes or trips you booked
18. Vaccination records
19. Instruction manuals for various equipment
21. Car documents
23. Paper and pens
24. Work documents (for the workaholics)
25. Underwear (bras, boxers, panties, thongs etc.)
27. Pants (leggings, jeans, shorts, ski pants)
30. Shoes (for women this should be divided up into: sneakers, heels, running shoes, ballerina shoes, flip flops, hiking shoes…)
31. Jackets and coats
33. Dresses and skirts and/or shorts
37. Suits and/or blazers
41. Neck ties
42. Sports outfit
43. Polo shirts
You Might Also Be Interested In:
100 Reasons Why You Should Travel
Traveling has so many benefits and will turn you into a better human being. Traveling is fun and teaches you great lessons. Keep reading for more reasons to travel…
Visiting the Brazilian Tropical Island Ilha Grande
A beautiful paradise can be found on Ilha Grande, a Brazilian tropical island in the Atlantic Ocean. You can go trekking, scuba-diving, swimming and observe exotic animals. Find out more!
Body Care, Hygiene and Beauty Products
45. Manicure Case
46. Toilet paper (for those planning on hiking for instance or for those traveling to a country where you might not find it everywhere… )
47. Hair-care products (shampoos, conditioners, masks, hairspray, gel, other hair-care products)
48. Skin-care products (skin cream, sunscreen, lip balm, eye cream, body lotion)
49. Makeup (including makeup remover and cotton pads)
50. Hair dryer, straightener and/or curling iron
52. Medicine (against headaches, stomach aches, nausea, constipation, diarrhea, allergies, motion sickness?You never know what the foreign food or the temperature change is going to do to you)
53. Toothbrush and toothpaste
54. Towels if needed
55. Tampons or sanitary napkins for women and shaving equipment for men.
57. Brushes and combs
59. Special containers or bottles to take liquids in the airplane (more than 150ml is often a problem) and plastic seals for those containers
60. First aid kit
61. Laundry kit height:75px” class=”thumbphoto”>Planning for College10 Objects Most People Forget to Pack for College
Arts and DesignWhat Not to Say to Artists
by Denise McGill20
Travel Packing TipsHow to Pack for Week at a Cottage
by Stuart A Jeffery4
Travel Packing TipsTravel Clothing: How to Pack a Capsule Wardrobe for Your Summer Holiday
by Meg Moon8
Travel Packing TipsWhat to Pack for a Trip to an Indoor Waterpark
Travel Packing TipsPacking List For South East Asia
Travel Packing TipsDIY Moving: Lessons Learned Cross-Country in a U-Haul
by Ken Bartels2
sendingDenise W Anderson 2 years ago from Bismarck, North Dakota
I know what it is like to forget something when traveling! I have had to borrow from the most unlikely people! Thanks for creating this comprehensive list!
Great packing list, Jen, with the must-haves on this check list. Voted up for useful!
I am glad you enjoyed the article Edward. 🙂
Oh yes, bigocean, imagine how women feel! 🙂
George Bogosian 2 years ago from New England
I need a bigger baggage!
Ed Palumbo 2 years ago from Tualatin, OR
This is excellent advice, and I enjoyed reading this!
AuthorJennifer Madison 2 years ago from Lohmar
Great! Glad this hub could be of some use 🙂 Thanks for visiting!
poetryman6969 2 years ago