DIY Wednesday, Mortisha & Fester Fancy Dress Ideas ★
Holidays and Celebrations
★ Homemade Addams Household Costumes | DIY Wednesday, Mortisha margin:0px !essential;” /> Addams Family Child’s Wednesday Addams Costume, Small Buy Now Adams Family Morticia Costume Size: Medium Buy Now California Costumes Ladies’s Immortal Seductress Costume Purchase Now Anna-Kaci Womens Black Gothic Floral Lace Ruffle Long Sleeve Maxi Gown Gown, Black, Medium Buy Now A Summary
The Completely different Character Traits this one is a lot easier to pull off if you’re bald! You should use a bald cap if you happen to do have hair in fact, and you will need to paint your complete head a really pale coloration, and apply dark circles round your eyes. The costume is a boxy darkish cloak/coat/robe (a bit like a monks) which is plain colored, reaches the ground and has a excessive neck. You’ll be able to as an alternative check out this selection if you favor although, which consists of a really odd wig, a weirdly boxy white go well with and a grey jumper. A very good prop for Fester could be a lightbulb.
Wednesday Addams: The traditional Wednesday outfit is a (speckled) black gown with long sleeves, a white collar and black buttons all down the entrance that are done up proper to the neck. I can not discover a full-length photo of the outfit but I would think about that the costume could be about knee-length and worn with black tights and shoes. Or you would choose the Native American ‘Pocahontas’ costume Wednesday dressed up in for a play at summer camp.
Your hair/wig ought to be black and worn in braided pigtails, and the only makeup vital is a really pale foundation or white face paint.
Pugsley Addams: Pugsley has short light hair with a small quiff on the entrance and is just a little on the tubby aspect. His traditional look includes a t-shirt with black and white (or dark blue and mild grey) horizontal bullet club parody shirts stripes, and black shorts.
Lurch: Good character costume for somebody tall and thin; Lurch is a bit Frankenstein-like and has black hair with a excessive fringe, wears a black tuxedo and bow tie, and usually communicates with moans and grunts. A superb prop can be a faux prop hand to symbolize ‘Factor’.
Grandmama: A cackling old witch with mad, gray frizzy hair, who wears a black feathered hat and a long darkish dress with various shawls draped excessive. Her hobbies embody making repulsive food, casting spells, mixing potions and carrying around a skull. She additionally appears to get pleasure from using axes, chainsaws and other deadly weapons, so if you can buy a fake one of these for a prop that could be great 🙂
Cousin Itt: A fun character who communicates in bizarre noises and is principally a hundred% hair. See under for a costume DIY.
Smaller components in the film:
– Flora he’s hunchbacked, wears a darkish gray suit and has a very distinctive hairstyle.
– Margaret Alford: The love curiosity of Cousin Itt, Margaret has a number of outfit modifications in the movie, including carrying a fairy costume for Fester’s get together scene. Nonetheless a very powerful part of the costume is the hairstyle, which consists of brief brown hair which ‘puffs out’ behind a black hairband.
– Pubert Addams: Hilarious costume thought for a child – Pubert was the brand new addition to the household in the movie ‘Addams Household Values’ and was basically a mini-Gomez, with a pencil mustache and slicked-again black hair. He wears a gray onesie with a spider motif.
– Amanda Buckman: A young snobby and extremely irritating girl who first appeared as a girl scout and later was at summer season camp with Wednesday. She has blond pigtails and can be most recognized in a woman scout uniform or dressed as a pilgrim for the play the kids carried out at camp.
– Joel Glicker: A geeky outsider who becomes Wednesday’s love curiosity when they meet at camp. He has messy darkish hair, wears round glasses, and most of the time wears a examine shirt (with a number of pens within the pocket), black shorts pulled up excessive, and a brown belt.
The Television Collection
Methods to Make a Cousin Itt Costume
(Image credit: me)
This is certainly one of my favourite concepts for Halloween as a result of it’s both extremely recognizable and extremely hilarious! After you’ve made the furry outfit, all you might want to do is add the sunglasses and black bowler/derby hat on prime…though in one scene Cousin Itt instead wears a cowboy hat, gun holsters, a belt and a studded bandana around his neck, so that is also an option.
It’s fairly arduous to cover shoes on this costume so don’t wear chunky or eye-catching sneakers. Attempt to get as near naked foot as possible. Also try and put on clothes underneath that is as close to the costume’s hair color as potential.
* No less than 4 very long wigs; You may try and discover the suitable ‘Cousin It’ shade however I believe it would be a lot easier to buy blonde wigs after which dye them a darker shade if you want. When in search of wigs, seek for ‘Lady Godiva’ or ‘Rapunzel’ to seek out the longest costume wigs obtainable.
* Baseball cap (in your size) that you don’t thoughts destroying
* Sturdy, waterproof and flexible fabric glue.
* A strip of medium-weight fabric (white or mild coloured preferably) that’s approx. 5″ vast, and long sufficient to wrap round your hips 2 1/2 instances.
It will be way more economical to buy a regular square piece of fabric, reduce it into strips and then sew the ends collectively to make a strip long sufficient…however you probably have a piece of fabric lengthy enough anyway then you don’t have to do that!
* Needle you may attach another wig or two onto the cap, underneath the previous two OR you should buy fabric in a shade as near the hair as potential and make a ghost-like costume by placing a big rectangle of fabric over your head and reducing eye holes Women’s The Manic Depressive Cotton Long Sleeve T Shirts into it. This layer would go underneath the cap, and is a less expensive technique to disguise what you might be carrying beneath the wigs.
– If at this level the wig hair already reaches your feet then worn, then you are finished already, yay! If not, then you might want to make a separate skirt part to cowl your backside half…
– Measure 2 and a half instances around your hips after which minimize out a strip of medium-weight fabric that is identical size. You will most likely must sew shorter strips together at the ends to make a strip lengthy enough. The fabric shouldn’t be skinny and flimsy, and it needs to be between 4″ and 5″ large. You possibly can hem the edges it you need a neater end but it surely is not absolutely vital.
– Mark 3 points on the strip; the middle, plus a degree at a distance of 1/4 of the length of your hip circumference from each finish of the strip.
– Subsequent, lay out your 3rd wig on the flooring so it’s straight and neat. Use your scissors to chop horizontally across the hair, as near the top as potential. Retaining the cut ends of the hair as degree as doable to one another, unfold the hair out a bit on the floor.
– Lay out the fabric strip above the hair, and spread the hair out between the center mark and one in every of the opposite marks.
– Apply glue onto the bottom half of the fabric strip between the two marks.
– Press the hair onto the glue, aiming for a good layer with the tops of the strands lining up halfway up the fabric width.
– Do the same again by attaching the hair from the 4th wig between the center point and the mark at the other end of the fabric strip.
– Add a bit more glue on high of the hair tips and fold the highest half of the fabric strip all the way down to sandwich the hair in between. Leave to dry. You must now have a wrap-round hair skirt!
– Wrap the skirt round your hips twice after which tie the fabric ends to safe. You’ll be able to add a distinct fastening in case you prefer, reminiscent of Velcro.
* If the wig part you attached to your cap earlier isn’t thick enough, you may tie this skirt increased up, e.g. at chest height, as long because the skirt is long sufficient to still attain your ft.
* The other option is to wear the skirt and get a helper to cut off the surplus hair which is dragging on the ground. The lower-off hair can be used elsewhere on the costume, or if it is lengthy enough you could make another skirt section if the present one has not obtained one of the best protection.
Other than utilizing wigs, another choice is to create the hair your self from lengthy items of yarn, and that i’ve even seen a costume manufactured from hay! This would save money but it surely wouldn’t be as authentic 🙂
TIP: Just remember to retailer your costume neatly to prevent tangling when in storage.
DIY Merchandise For Constructing a Costume
Fabric glue and a hot glue gun are at all times helpful for crafts, but are extra useful for fast Halloween makes. The lengthy blonde wigs I’ve listed are good for constructing your personal Cousin Itt costume 🙂
Surebonder FS-12 All-Temp Fabric Glue Sticks, 4-Inch Buy Now Surebonder HE-750 Excessive Temperature Professional Glue Gun – eighty Watts Purchase Now Costume How-To Videos
Directions For Making the Costumes
Corsets and fishtail skirts for Morticia, collared and button-up dresses for Wednesday (plus the way to make a detachable collar), and many extra useful tutorials for various parts of the costumes:
Corset Tutorial 1
Find out how to make an over-bust bodice with boning inside the fabric.
Corset Tutorial 2
With a helpful tip for marking out the sample template.
Easy methods to make a cute collared gown (for Wednesday).
Flared Lace Sleeves
Good for Morticia’s costume sleeves.
Tips on how to Make a Cravat
Sew your own traditional neckwear for Gomez.
Learn to Tie a Cravat
Other ways and strategies for tying the cravat.
DIY Striped T-Shirt
Perfect for Pugsley but you could bullet club parody shirts possibly additionally use this idea for Gomez’s suit.
Designed for a Jedi costume, but could be adapted for Fester.
If you’ve found a black gown for Wednesday, this collar adds the finishing touch.
Smoking Jacket Transformation
Intelligent thought for including satin to a plain blazer to revamp it.
You will probably need a bit of sewing experience for this nevertheless it seems fabulous!
Homemade Collar Gown
Ultimate for Wednesday, and you may see the way to make a collar from scratch too.
Addams Family Movie Clips – View for Inspiration
Morticia, Wednesday margin:0px !essential;” /> Dangerous Hair Day Wig,One Measurement suits Most Purchase Now Rubies Witch Wig, Black, One Dimension Buy Now Rubie’s Costume 28-Inch Witch Wig, Black, One Size Buy Now Make-Up margin:0px !important;” /> Graftobian Full Latex Bald Cap bullet club parody shirts Package with Directions Buy Now 2 Giant 18ml Snazaroo Face Painting Compacts Colours: 1 BLACK and 1 WHITE – Excellent FOR ZOMBIES Buy Now Manic Panic Eyeware Kit, Melodrama Purchase Now Who’s your favourite Addams Household character?
Debbie “Black Widow” Jellinsky
See results Associated
HalloweenThe Greatest Kids College Costumes Ever
Halloween★ Group Fancy Dress Costume Concepts | Halloween | Stag peak:75px” class=”thumbphoto”>Halloween CostumesAddams Household Halloween Costumes
by Nicole Canfield4
Most Stunning PeopleFamous Gothic and Vampire Girls From Television and Motion pictures
sendingfresyuhardo 4 years in the past
I think this lens is a cool lens.
DebW07 4 years ago
I used to be Fester one Halloween when I used to be a teenager. It was so fun seeing everyone’s response (they did not know it was me till I instructed them). Enjoyable lens!
Shay Marie four years ago from Southern California
My household did a Addams Household group costume back when the motion pictures came out. I used to be Wednesday, but I asked my mother if it was okay if my doll’s head remained hooked up.